Reasons To Paint Furniture
Hey y’all, Do Dodson Designs here!
The world is full of vintage and antique furniture and I hear a lot of negativity about painting them. The best thing, in my opinion, re-do that vintage dresser makeover with paint and have fun.
- Vintage Dresser
- White Lightning (Cleaner)
- Shop Towels
- BOSS (clear stain blocker)
- Paintbrush (mini angle)
- French Linen (chalk mineral paint)
- Tea Rose (chalk mineral paint)
- Driftwood (chalk mineral paint)
- Hurricane Gray (chalk mineral paint)
- Large Wax Brush
- Surfprep Sanding System
- Surfprep Sanding (RAD pads)
- Stencil (stick & Style) Royal Ann Garden
- White Wax (Best Dand Wax)
- Gator Hide Top Coat
- Vintage Glass Hardware
Reasons to Paint Furniture:
- It’s UGLY! There I said it. It doesn’t fit my style. Paint is an affordable way to change the whole look of an ugly piece of furniture. Pick a color and get after it! My choice of paint is Dixie Belle for ease of use.
- It’s beyond repair and cannot be restored to its former glory. So many of these vintage dressers have sat in old barns for way too long. I do a lot of these dresser makeovers. I love a good stencil makeover too!
- We are helping the environment by repurposing. Are we not the trashiest people around??? So much waste. This is just one way I like to repurpose.
- The results of a well-done vintage dresser makeover can add value and style to your home. Not to mention the bragging rights!
Thanks for joining me today and listening to my reasonings for doing these vintage dresser makeovers. Painting furniture isn’t for everyone but it can be a great way to update and preserve those old pieces that are destined for the dump.
For more information, head to Do Dodson Designs here!