Hey everyone, Brushed By Brandy here!
Ever had a furniture top damaged beyond repair that left you in despair? Here’s your solution! Create a faux wood finish over top of your damaged surface.
Follow these steps using Dixie Belle VooDoo Gel Stains and learn how to paint over an existing finish to create a faux wood look.
- Dixie Belle White Lightning Cleaner
- Dixie Belle Mud (optional)
- Dixie Belle VooDoo Gel Stain in Tobacco Road, Black Magic, Up In Smoke, White Magic
- Dixie Belle Wood Graining Tool
- Dixie Belle Paint in a muted base color such as Putty, Burlap, or Driftwood
- Dixie Belle Satin Clear Coat or Gator Hide
Clean your surface well with Dixie Belle White Lightning. White Lightning is an amazing, low odor cleaner that will easily clean your furniture in preparation for your finish of choice.
Cover your surface in your base color. Similar wood tones such as Dixie Belle Paint in Putty, Burlap, or Driftwood are great options. Once that is dry, seal the base coat with Dixie Belle Satin Clear Coat or Gator Hide, this will help the wood graining tool glide effortlessly across your surface.
Squirt Dixie Belle VooDoo Gel Stain in random stripes across the top, alternating colors, then brush the colors together until they fully cover the surface.
Finally, seal your new faux wood finish in the Dixie Belle clear coat of your choice.
I love the warmth a wood top adds to painted furniture. To get more tips, head to Brushed By Brandy here!